Research Theme and Qualification for the Job
Dr. Yasunori Hayashi's laboratory in RIKEN Brain Science Institute has an open position for a research scientist. Hayashi research group is interested in elucidating the molecular mechanisms of synaptic plasticity in hippocampus and cerebral cortex using a combined approach of molecular biology, electrophysiology, and imaging. Please see the following link for our research interest.
Applicants should be a PhD holder and have research interest and experimental background in the area of research described above.
Brain Science Institute, RIKEN (2-1 Hirosawa, Wako, Saitama, Japan), located in greater Tokyo area, about 30 min from the center of the city by train.
- An annual contract that can be extended up to 5 years depending on the successful review.
- Salary is negotiable based on previous experience, ability, and performance. Allowance for commuting and housing will be provided.
Eligible to enroll in health and social insurances.
- Other institutional rules may apply.
- Eligible to apply external funding such as Grand-in-Aid for Scientific Research from Japan Society for the Promotion of Science(JSPS).
How to Apply
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications.
- Statement of your research interest.
- Contact address of three references (name, address, and e-mail address).
Please send these information to the contact address by e-mail below.
No particular date will be set to this call for application. Will be
closed when the position is filled up
After first screen, successful applicants will be invited to give a seminar in the institute.
Brain Science Institute, RIKEN
Room S506, Central Building
Hirosawa 2-1, Wako, Saitama, 351-0198